Brinley Hall, site of the first National Woman's Rights Convention, 1850
340 Main Street
The site of the first and second National Woman's Rights Conventions in 1850 and 1851. "Brinley Block" was erected in 1836-37 by Benjamin Butman and George Brinley. A bank, shops, and law offices took up space on the first and second floors of the building. The three-story structure included a large hall on the third floor. Until the opening of Mechanics Hall in 1857, Brinley Hall was the favorite place for large gatherings and celebrations of religious, anti-slavery, temperance, and moral reform societies.